Updated on 14 March 2017
We will treat all your Personal Information (which is information pertaining to an identifiable individual, also known as “personal data”, “personally identifiable information” or “PII”, depending on your jurisdiction) as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). As a company, Westcon shares your concerns about maintaining the privacy of personal information collected on the Internet. This document describes the use of any Westcon Website, e-commerce tool or the purchase of its goods or services constitutes and the required consent for Westcon’s collection and use of personal data as outlined below in connection with its family of websites (the “Website”).
1. Collection of Personal Information
Westcon generally collects business contact information from or about you.
The types of Personal Information Westcon may obtain or that you may choose to provide include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number)
- Business contact information (such as job title, department and name of organization)
- Content you provide (such as photographs, comments or other information provided via webforms).
Westcon and our service providers may collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies when you visit our websites. The information we collect in this way may include:
- The home server domain names, type of computer, and type of web browser of users to the website;
- Aggregate and user-specific information on which pages users access.
Internet cookies can save data about individual users, such as your name, password, user-name, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by you, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by you. When you revisit the website, Westcon may recognize you by the Internet cookie and customize your experience accordingly.
2. Use of Personal Information Collected
Westcon may use Personal Information it collects from you or about you to:
- Establish, develop and preserve its business relationship respectively with you and other individuals with whom it deals,
- Create, establish and administer your accounts,
- Respond to your inquiries,
- Provide the products or services that it offers, or receive the products or services that it requests, and ensure that all related transactions are supported and implemented,
- Authenticate the identity of customers contacting Westcon by telephone, electronic means or otherwise,
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
- Allow Westcon to meet contractual requirements relating to the products and services provided to customers.
Westcon may also use Personal Information it collects for internal purposes, specifically, for:
- Solving technical problems,
- Calculating overall usage statistics,
- Marketing and promotional purposes, product development, and content improvement. Unless otherwise required by law, we will obtain your opt in consent before we sent you communications related to marketing and promotion.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
Unless noted otherwise on this website, Westcon will not disclose to third parties any Personal Information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which you voluntarily provide to Westcon, except to the extent (i) permitted by law; (ii) necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes (e.g., subpoenas); (iii) in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of Westcon, in accordance with applicable laws; (iv) or to protect the rights or property of Westcon. Westcon will cooperate with law enforcement authorities.
4. Rights regarding the processing of Personal Data
You have certain rights regarding the personal information Westcon maintains about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You may opt out of the collection and use of certain information, which Westcon collect by automated means when you visit our websites.
Westcon will comply with anti-spam laws which apply in your jurisdiction. Moreover, users may at any time opt out of having their Personal Information used by Westcon to send promotional correspondence to the user, by contacting Westcon by email or postal mail at the address(es) below:
Westcon Group, Inc.
520 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to Westcon, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your Personal Information. You may withdraw any data protection consent that you have granted to us at any time with effect for the future by sending an email to the address mentioned above.
Following registration, you may request that we provide you the information we hold about you. Upon request by postal mail or e-mail Westcon will provide you a summary of any Personal Information retained by Westcon regarding the user. You may also modify, correct, change or update Personal Information that Westcon has collected by the Website or may cause your personal record to be blocked or removed from Westcon’s database by contacting Westcon via postal mail or e-mail indicated above.
5. Collection of Personal Information from Children
Westcon does not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market the Website or its services to children. No one under the age of 13 should submit any Personal Information to Westcon and/or the Website.
6. Cross-border Transfer of Personal Information
7. Security of Data
The security of individuals’ personal information is important to Westcon. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use SSL encryption on our websites via which we collect Personal Information.
8. Updates to our Global Privacy Notice
9. How to Contact Us
Westcon Group, Inc.
520 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591