Cisco Hosting Architecture Series
Comstor partners are invited to attend a series of training sessions focusing on Cisco architectures. The monthly Architecture Fundamentals sessions will provide a high-level overview of the various Cisco technology areas and the numerous products offered within those areas. The content contained within the sessions will give attendees the latest information to share with their customers.
Spark Board Enhancing Health Care
Implementing Cisco Spark and devices like Cisco Spark Board has allowed the famed Steadman Clinic to improve communication within the organization, as well as with other medical facilities worldwide. Lee Memorial Health System has implemented “mobile telestroke carts” to expand stroke care services across its hospitals. When patients arrive in the emergency room with stroke symptoms, the staff uses the carts to connect remote doctors to patients using Cisco video conferencing and Jabber.
These are just two examples of how to leverage specialists across healthcare facilities to provide care to more patients using Cisco video collaboration.
Manage Your Communication Preferences with Westcon-Comstor
We want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your experience with Comstor, which means putting you in control of the information you receive. From special promotions to new product announcements, we send a variety of communications to keep you informed. Our new Email Preference Center allows you to customize your subscriptions so you get the messages most relevant to your business.
Click below to choose the types of communications you would like to see. We’ll send exactly – and only – what you request from us.
Cisco TMP Evolving to MIP in August
To simplify and integrate migration opportunities, Cisco is discontinuing the Technology Migration Program (TMP) on August 26 and launching the new Migration Incentive Program (MIP) on September 10.
MIP will provide partners an incremental discount on all qualifying migration opportunities in Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW).
What You Need to Know
August 26, 2017
- TMP ends for all partners. Last day to submit TMP quote or deal.
- No modifications to the bill of materials (BoM) or trade-in items are allowed after this date.
- Any modifications will result in all TMP credits systematically reverting to zero dollars.
- Approved TMP deals without modifications can be routinely ordered.
August 26 - September 10
- Partners may submit new deals for other incentives such as OIP or TIP. To add MIP on or after September 10, the deal must remain in pre-approval status.
- To remain in pre-approval status, partners must submit the registration without a BoM.
- After September 10, partners can choose to select MIP and upload the BoM for final approval.
- All submitted TMP deals must be approved by this date and cannot be combined with MIP.
- MIP goes live in CCW.
- Access the TMP end-of-life notification here.
- Stay tuned for additional communications on how to participate, including an opportunity to register for a training session outlining details of the MIP and its resources.
- If you have any questions, email the internal-only email@example.com.
Comstor Hosting Cisco SMB Boot Camp
Comstor makes it easy for partners to become Select Certified. You can simply participate in a two-day boot camp hosted by Comstor, pass the exam that immediately follows – and begin enjoying the advantages of being Select Certified.
Partners must register for the sales and technical sessions. Both sales and technical tracks can be completed by the same person, if necessary.
|Tuesday, September 19||Sales (AM)|
|11:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Eastern|
|Wednesday, September 20||Tech (Engineer)|
|11:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Eastern|
Please click below for details and registration.
For additional information, please contact your Comstor Account Manager or Jessica Allman, Comstor Marketing Program Manager, at 303-222-4844 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New rewards in Cisco Value Incentive Program (VIP 30)
Enrollment for the 30th consecutive period of the Cisco Value Incentive Program (VIP) is now open. VIP 30 runs from July 30, 2017 through January 27, 2018 and features:
- Earn more for deals with new accounts and when reactivating existing accounts.
- Benefit from the simplified, renamed SaaS incentive, giving partners even more rewards
for Annuity deals.
- Incentive for VIP Express partners has been transitioned from products to SaaS offers.
- Transition period protects all SKUs from change for the first two months.
Program and enrollment dates are as follows:
Program Period: July 30, 2017 to January 27, 2018
6-month enrollment period: July 30, 2017 to September 8, 2017
3-month enrollment period: October 29, 2017 to November 24, 2017
Call to Action
- Inform your partners about VIP 30; advise that enrollment is mandatory for participating partners. Partners can enroll at www.cisco.com/go/ppe.
- VIP 30 SKUs will be available on July 30 at www.cisco.com/go/vipskus.
- Share the VIP Partner Playbook with partners. The Playbook covers all the details in VIP 30 including top SKU transitions for success and training materials, so they can take full advantage of the VIP rebates.
Please direct your partners to www.cisco.com/go/vip for more information.
In today’s global digital economy, collaboration tools are essential to streamlining communication and productivity. The rise of social networking, digital transformation, cloud and mobile computing has driven growth in the collaboration tools market and made these solutions more reliable, more open when bringing in vendor participants, and even more accessible to smaller organizations.
“Collaboration tools make work easier and create organizational efficiencies. Now, not everyone has to be sitting in a board room together in order to get work done,” said Patrick Purtell, Data Center and Collaboration Product Manager for Comstor. “Employees can work remotely, and be in the same meeting across the state, country or even the world.”
Increase Margin with Cisco Dynamic Offers
Cisco is introducing a simple and automatic dynamic discount model to simplify the sales cycle. Dynamic Offers was created to accelerate and simplify the sales cycle for partners as they cross-sell Cisco routing, wireless and switching products.
Order eligible SKUs from two product categories (wireless and switching, for example) and automatically get a higher discount. Order from three categories for an even higher one. There’s no need for DSA, and Dynamic Offers are also stackable with existing programs such as Fast Track, Opportunity Incentive Program (OIP) and others.
Promotion expires October 28, 2017.
For additional information, please contact Reid Scrimgeour, Comstor ENG/Mobility Product Manager, at 303-222-4778 or email@example.com.