Westcon-Comstor improves its EMEA EcoVadis sustainability rating by 9 points, while expanding scope to include MEA for global outlook
As a Responsible Business, we’re always taking steps to protect our planet. Improving our EcoVadis sustainability rating annually is an important part of how we do this, which is why we’re delighted to have boosted our overall score by 9 points this year, having achieved 20-point improvements within both the Environment and Sustainable Procurement pillars.
This improvement coincides with our expansion of the score’s geography to include Middle East and Africa. This means that, when combined with our APAC score, we’re now assessing our entire operations globally through the EcoVadis platform.
What is an EcoVadis sustainability rating, and why does it matter to our business?
EcoVadis ratings provide an independent view on our sustainability performance. Not only does it guide us in helping our planet, but by making our EcoVadis Scorecard public, our partners and vendors can better assess their own supply chain sustainability, identify ESG risks and opportunities, and make informed decisions on procurement.
How did we improve our score?
We’ve made great progress in our Responsible Business strategy over the last year, including activities which contributed to our boosted rating:
- Our formal commitment to the Science Based Targets initiative, in which we’ve pledged to reach net zero emissions by 2050
- Setting quantitative targets on energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, which include:
- A 50% reduction in absolute Scope 1 & 2 emissions by 2030 (from an FY22 base year)
- A 25% reduction in absolute Scope 3 emissions by 2030 (from an FY22 base year)
- 80% of our suppliers having science-based targets by 2025 (by spending covering purchased goods and services and the use of sold products/from an FY22 base year)
- Achievement of our ISO14001 certification in our European logistics facilities – which we’re now working to extend to our facilities in Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore
- Our compulsory all-staff ESG training
- Setting quantitative objectives on our sustainable procurement policy
- Putting a Supplier Sustainability Code of Conduct in place
- Conducting sustainability risk analysis on our key suppliers
Commenting on our new score, Mark McLardie, Head of ESG, commented, “We’re really pleased to see our sustainability efforts paying off and to know that we’re making a positive difference. There’s still work to be done, and we’ll continue pushing ourselves to improve our score for another consecutive year.”
Find out more about how we do Responsible Business here.